Starting in the center with card one, then place card two horizontally across card one (noting which direction is “top” if you’re using reversals). Starting directly underneath them, in a clockwise motion, line each edge of the cards in the center with cards three to six to form a cross. To the right in line with and ascending from the bottom of the cross, place cards seven to ten (or 11 if you want an outcome clarifier) in a vertical line.
Kort räknas: 11
- Kort 1 - The Querent / The Significator
- Kort 2 - Obstacles, hinderances and challenges that are “blocking” the situation/inquirer.
- Kort 3 - The Surface / Conscious Influences / Conspicuous Influences
- Kort 4 - The Root / Subconscious Influences / Hidden Influences
- Kort 5 - The Past
- Kort 6 - The Near Future
- Kort 7 - The Attitude of The Querent/The Significator
- Kort 8 - The Environment of The Querent/The Significator
- Kort 9 - Hopes & Fears of The Querent/The Significator
- Kort 10 - The Outcome
- Kort 11 - The Outcome (clarifier)
Very similar custom tarot spreads
The version of the Celtic cross I prefer
Cards count: 10
1) This covers him (where he is now);
2) This crosses him (his obstacles);
3) This is above him ( what he wants for his own);
4) This is beneath him ( what is already his own);
5) This is behind him ( his recent past);
6) This is before him ( near future);
7) His attitude and personality at the time;
8) Other people and outside influences;
9) His hopes and fears;
10) Final outcome.
What connects the partners, what they expect of relationship
Cards count: 5
1) Partner's card 1;
2) What connects them;
3) Parther's card 2;
4) Querent's card 1;
5) Querent's cars 2.
Adapted from Quiero Aprender Tarot YouTube Channel. It’s a Celtic cross simple version. For relationships spreads.
Cards count: 6
1) Central connecting card;
2) You - Partner 1 (right side);
3) Partner 2 (left side);
4) Past of the relationship (above);
5) Immediate future of the relationship (downside);
6) Final advice card.