Very similar custom tarot spreads
"This is tarot spread that I've designed for randomly creating characters for use in roleplaying games and possibly other forms of storytelling as well."
Mentioned in source section.
Cards count: 7
1) Concept: the character's basic position in their story.;
2) Impulse: the character's wants/needs/etc.;
3) Ideal: the character's beliefs/goals/etc.;
4) The Past: how their saga began.;
5) The Interim: what happened to bring them from the past to the present.;
6) The Present: what is currently happening.;
7) The Future: what is likely to happen in the future..
A way to generate characters. Source section for pdf.
Cards count: 8
1) Appearance: Height, hair, eye color, skin color, general impression;
2) Age: In years, or a description of apparent age;
3) Visual Signature: Clothes, posture, walk, or distinctive mannerism;
4) Backstory: Trauma, occupation, spirituality, pet peeve;
5) Primary Strength: “What could story be solved by?”;
6) Critical Flaw: “What could progress be impeded by?”;
7) Motivator: “What does the character lack, but long for?”;
8) Problem-Solving: “How does character react to conflict?”.
Draws 8 tarot cards, each has its own category.
Cards will be completely random, so uprights and reversals are possible.
You can however treat them all as just uprights and go from there.
Inspired by: Mark McElroy & TarotTools.com.
Cards count: 8
1) Appearance (Height, hair, eye colour, skin colour, general impression);
2) Age (In years or a description of apparent age);
3) Visual Signature (Clothes, posture, walk, or distinctive mannerism);
4) Backstory (Trauma, occupation, spirituality, pet peeve);
5) Primary Strength (What could story be solved by?);
6) Critical Flaw (What could progress be impeded by?);
7) Motivator (What does character lack, but long for?;
8) Problem-Solving (How does character react to conflict?).