Classic 10 cards Celtic spread
Cards count: 10
- Card 1 - What is happening to the querent at the present time. It also reflects the querent’s state of mind and how they may be perceiving the situation
- Card 2 - The immediate challenge or problem facing the querent. This is the one thing that, if resolved, would make life a lot easier. Even if you draw a ‘positive’ card in this position, consider it carefully as it will still represent a challenge.
- Card 3 - The events that have lead up to the present situation and may provide some indication of how the challenge came about.
- Card 4 - What is likely to occur within the next few weeks or even months. This is not the final outcome, simply the next step on the journey.
- Card 5 - The querent’s goal, aspiration or best outcome with regards to the situation. It is what the querent is working towards consciously as they attempt to resolve the issue.
- Card 6 - That which is within the subconscious realm of the querent and delves much deeper into the core foundation of the situation. It symbolizes the underlying feelings and trends associated with the situation and can indicate what is truly driving the querent. This card may bring a surprise message to the querent, particularly if they are not deeply connected to their inner being (watch out for reversed cards here which are likely to indicate that this is an ‘unknown’ to the querent).
- Card 7 - Takes into account all that is happening within the querent’s life and presents a recommendation for what approach can be taken to address the current challenges.
- Card 8 - The people, energies or events which will affect the outcome of the question and are beyond the querent's control.
- Card 9 - This is perhaps one of the most difficult positions to interpret. Keep in mind that hopes and fears are closely intertwined, therefore that which we hope for may also be that which we fear, and so may fail to happen. Sometimes it is useful to draw a second card for clarification after the reading has been laid and to read the two together.
- Card 10 - This card is representative of where the situation is headed and if/how the issue will be resolved. It assumes the outcome based on the querent continuing their current course of action. Of course, if the outcome card is not a desirable outcome, it is within the free will of the querent to make the necessary changes to their situation.